Indico Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living with a Stroke Survivor

Go down

Living with a Stroke Survivor Empty Living with a Stroke Survivor

Post  Top Hat Cat Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

My Grandma past away last year and I never really mourned her. She had 2 strokes only hours apart from each other 3 years ago. It was hard on all of us living with her and hard for her to just live. She was bed ridden, she had some use in only 1 arm and shoulder and half her face, the rest of her body was paralyzed.

Is it wrong for me to feel glad that she is dead? I mean, I'm happy that she is in peace as we hope that's what death brings. Like I hope she isn't suffering anymore. I'm glad that my parents don't have to wake up at all hours of the night for her and take care of her and worry and such.

I just feel bad that I'm happy she is dead and that I haven't mourned and just wanted to share that. She had plenty of opportunity to do rehab and such, but she didn't want to do anything after the strokes, she would just stare off into space and we couldn't bring life back to her. It's really sad because she was such an amazing person.

She was a travel agent and has been to every, every, every place in the would giving tours and such. Well everywhere except Antarctica. She flew planes over the east coast during WWII so that our soldiers can search for U-Boats. She has done more than I can write and do her justice.

She was nothing short of amazing.

If anyone else would like to share someone amazing, I'd like to read that.

Top Hat Cat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum